Typical School Day
- Junior & Senior Infants: 9.00 a.m. – 1.40 p.m.
- 1st to 6th Class: 9.00 a.m. – 2.40 p.m.
- Morning Break: 11.00 a.m. – 11.15 a.m.
Lunch Break: 1.00 p.m. – 1.25 p.m.
PUNCTUALITY AND ATTENDANCE
- The children are expected to be punctual and to attend school everyday. Good school attendance is crucial to your child’s progress.
- We ask that you are on time picking up your child daily. Infant Teachers have other duties to perform and small children’s trust is shattered if they are left waiting.
- Exceptional Collections during school hours:
- If your child has to leave school during school hours, it is essential that you notify the class teacher in writing or through the APP.
- Your child must always be collected from the office if leaving during school hours. (Education Act)
- CHILDREN MUST BE COLLECTED BY AN ADULT IF THEY ARE LEAVING SCHOOL EARLY.
- Children will not be released into the care of another juvenile. Please state clearly who will be collecting your child.
- We do this solely in the interest of each child’s safety.
- The safety of the children is of primary importance at all times.
- Should an emergency closing be appropriate (e.g. in the event of no heat, snow etc.) the decision to close the school will be taken by the Board of Management at the earliest possible time so as to maximise notice to Parents/Guardians.
- We ask that you ensure the school always has an up to date and immediate contact number for you and that the APP is up to date.
- Children walking to school alone should always be aware of the person whom they should contact in the event that Parents/Guardians may be gone to work.
- If an emergency closing arises early in the morning, before school starts, Parents/Guardians will be informed of this at the gates. We would ask therefore that you never drop your child without first satisfying yourself that the school is open.
- An up-to-date message will be put on the school APP to keep you informed of developments. Please also take note of events on our calendar on the school APP.
Keep up to date with all the school news, events and announcements. Our new school app used the latest technology to keep you in touch with all goings on. It is also packed with loads of other features.